Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 11:32:00 EST
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Enlightenment: (not)-Hibernation in W98

Just found this topic title on Toshiba's Support Bulletins list:

"Win98/98SE Hibernation/Standby Features not Supported on the Libretto 100CT"

whichs starts saying:

"The Hibernation and Standby features are not supported in Windows 98and 98SE
on the Libretto 100CT.  We recommend that you disable theHibernate and
Standby features by following this procedure:"

and then goes on to describe disabling hibernation in W98.  Guess we should
be reading these bulletins.  On the other hand, there is also a bulletin titled:

"Hibernation Mode no longer works in Windows 95/98"  which says:

"With the Infrared Monitor enabled, hibernation mode no longer shuts off the
Libretto on the 70CT and the 100CT."

and:

"The following procedure will fix the hibernation mode on the 70CT and the
100CT Libretto computers.
Boot the computer into Windows 95/98.
Click "Start/Settings/Control Panel.
Double click the "Infrared" icon.
Click the "Options" folder.
In the "Options" folder, remove the check mark in the field "Enable infrared
communications. Click "OK".
Restart Windows 95/98.
Once Windows 95/98 restarts the hibernation mode will work properly.
COMMENTS: With the infrared port enabled, hibernation mode will not work due to the
infrared polling continuously searching for a remote infrared port to connect
to. Disabling the infrared will let the computer hibernate properly."

The first bulletin is dated 2000, the second is dated 1999.  Took 'em awhile
to figure out that it ain't gonna work, I guess.

I'll try disabling the IR, see what happens.

Lee