Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 06:03:05 -0600
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: rebuilding battery packs

I rebuilt the battery packs for my 3 L100s and one L50. No big deal, a bit
tight, but using flexible stranded wires instead of solid wire makes it a
lot easier.

The batteries of choice were either scavenged from some Dell Latitude CPi or
Sony Vaio. Works great, even now one of the L100s is using one of those
batteries.

Yes, care must be taken regarding the sharp edges of the tabs. Also,
scratching the tabs and using extra resin along with the solder helps a
great deal. Spread the stranded wire for a better connection.

Removing some of the extra goo inside might be mandatory if the cells are a
bit thicker...

Konrad Szwab, EE
Network Administrator
Alcon Manufacturing - Houston
(713) 295-4329

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally
privileged.  If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized
representative of an intended recipient, you are prohibited from using,
copying or distributing the information in this e-mail or its attachments.
immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any
attachments.  Thank you.