Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 10:22:51 +0000
From: Michael Heathcote <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [LIB] USB powered external HD

Another alternative is of course to use an enclosure with a PCMCIA card instead.
I have used such an external HD with a Toshiba 9.5 mm 6GB hard drive inside, with my
50CT for years. I works fine without an external power supply, althought you can
supply it directly with power as well.
Also no problem using an external DVD drive, again powered through the PCMCIA slot
only.
I do not know how much power the PCMCIA slot can deliver directly in this way, but it
has been no bother.
Mike.