Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:43:25 -0800 (PST)
From: David Chien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Will 4.3G into 50CT go please?

> Hi David, long time no speak and thanks for the reply. Does this leave *any*
> insulation between the HDD and it's surround?

  Nothing except the black plastic sheeting to prevent shorts.  But really, it
won't matter much since the drive will be in there tight and it won't be
rattling against anything for sure!  You'll be more afraid to drop the Libretto
than anything else!  Anyways, drives do 200G+ shock ratings off, so you'll be
fine. I've bumped and bashed my L110 along the way these past couple of years
and the 20GB Hitachi is still spinning along.

> >    I found that even with an overclocked 100Mhz L50/J, I still couldn't
> stand
> > how slow it was under Win98.
>
> How far off the mark would a 100 be though David ..  if I had the option on a

  A L100 does only 166Mhz, so you can do the calculation between a 100Mhz L50,
the 166Mhz L100 and 233mhz L110.  Noticably faster in the L110, somewhat so in
the L100 (mostly due to the extra 32MB RAM if you upgrade to 64MB max).

  Then again, if it's not bothering you, keep the L50 and enjoy!  I just happen
to be using way too many fast computer desktop PCs and bigger email apps like
Mozilla to run off a L50.  (Although Opera and lighter email programs are
generally fine; well, so is Outlook if the wait is okay...)

=====
adorable toshiba libretto
The latest news and information for the Toshiba Libretto owner.
http://www.silverace.com/libretto/