Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 17:05:37 +0200
From: "T. Ribbrock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Install Linux on 110CT w/FD/CD - HELP!

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 10:17:17AM -0700, Philip Nienhuis wrote:
[...]
> You might have to. Apparently the install kernel can't find the proper
> modules to run your USB-CD-ROM player (it seems it even doesn't know
> about it at all), and consequently thinks it has to initialize some SCSI
> bus which you don't have.
[...]

Actually, I'd put this down to somehting else: Most USB "drives" are
recognized as SCSI drives under Linux, at least as far as I've seen them
till now. E.g. my USB stick gets assigned "sda", which is the first SCSI
drive. I never bothered to investigate the background, but I seem to
remember that there is some SCSI-emulation layer involved for some
reason. So, having the system look for "something SCSI" in this
situation is not quite as strange as it might seem... :-)

Cheerio,

Thomas
                Thomas Ribbrock    http://www.ribbrock.org