Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:53:40 -0800 (PST)
From: Matt Hanson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Is it okay to reload current BIOS version?

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm in the same exact situation; not booting. Only thing is if I hold
> down  F12, it prompts for BIOS disk.

Have your read through the many recent posts on the problem of Librettos
not booting?:

http://www.mail-archive.com/libretto@basiclink.com/
http://www.technoir.org/libretto/list/2005/thrd2.html

Can you hold down the ESC key to get into BIOS settings?

> Is it possible the problem is that function that saves place to disk, if
> you  shut down abruptly??

I'm not sure what you mean.  Are you asking if the system is improperly
shut down from a boot to a Windows operating system, then will the Libretto
save something to BIOS preventing the system to boot?  If so I'm not aware
of anything like that.  But maybe you can explain your question.

Meanwhile, I did read a few posts in the archives that seem to say that
people have reloaded the same BIOS version their Libbys already have
loaded.  So maybe I'll try loading the latest version if I can get this
darned 110 to boot with F12 held down.

Matt