Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 19:40:10 -0600
From: Tory Braybrook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Libretto U100 at Microcenter.com stores

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 18:29:29 -0700
"Des" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 11:28:45 +1000
> From: "Des" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [LIB] Libretto U100 at Microcenter.com stores
>
> Yes I find that I need to use 800.x 600 screen res
> 1280 x 768 is way too small, there needs to be some more WXGA scren
res
> options, I have tried several different driver versions, both toshiba
and
> Intel and no luck :(
>
> They could have pushed the screen out nearly another inch, i guess
then the
> res would be affected? i.e. they would need to run some strange res to
get
> the aspect ratio looking proporional
>
> I actually find the battery sticking out the back kind of handy as you
can
> use it as a handel to grip your hand around it,
>
> No carry bag has been released from Toshiba yet, so its out with the
$4
> 6pack cooler bag.
>
> On the plus sides the sccreen is very very crisp and clear, watching
DVD's
> is like watching the movies all over again for the first time.
>
> Des

I can understand why people might be put off by the high-res screen. The
Zaurus has a 3.7" 640x480 screen, which apparently works out to
something like ~144dpi. Personally, I love it. I just wish I were in the
market for another small laptop - The U100 sounds like a great unit.
Unfortunately I'm looking for something to replace my IBM A21p - it has
a fantastic 15" 1600x1200 display, but the PIII-850 is a little anemic
for a desktop replacement machine these days.

Tory