Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 23:11:42 -0600
From: Tory Braybrook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Re: [OT] Back, with Linux & Zaurus

I tried replying once, and I think I messed up. If it's a repeat, please
ignore...

> Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 19:11:05 -0700
> From: Mark Srebnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [OT] Back, with Linux & Zaurus
>
> Hi Tory,
>
> Great to read about your using a SL-C3000 like me. They're great!

I've seen you around the ZUG :)

> The more I use mine the more I like it.....it does make you wonder
sometimes
> about why to lug around a laptop... ;-)

I don't carry anything but the Z any more. I've got the remote, so the Z
is my MP3 player. I don't need a laptop 99% of the time now, and I
definitely don't have to carry my Palm Pilot anymore.
> Recently put X/Qt and Debian on it with iceWM!

I *like* Qtopia. I can do everything I want or need there. That being
said, I'll be trying out different roms, like PDAXrom, on the 860 once
Cacko3k stabilizes.

> Overall, works great and you can still run it with Qtopia at the same
time!

> Also, re-flashed ROM with the new Cacko beta, works great too.....
>
> Mark
> Silicone Valley Zaurester

I had actually signed back up to the Libretto list in order to look for
a buyer for my 110ct, because I haven't touched it since I got the
SL-C860 last October. Then I see that post about the reduced-footprint X
server and I get all fired up about the Libbys again.

*sigh* One of these days I'll kick my Silicon dependency issues. :)

Tory