Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:57:04 +0200
From: "Chris Hogan \(social\)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: DVD playing project

Hi all,

Just bought a USB DVD drive/rewriter and was musing about playing DVD's on
the Lib (100 CT, not o/clocked (yet)). What's the best / most efficient W9x
software for playing movies that people have found?

I'm also considering a Linux project to keep me amused, now that I have a
20Gb drive installed, so recommendations for Linux players also welcomed.

(Mea culpa -- I'm working in France for the summer and the phone line is a)
provided by work and b) an emergency line for tourists who have
inconveniently died or something, so its difficult for me to trawl the net
for answers. I also now agree with Matt about the effect of the last mile on
data transfer rates -- 57k in rural France seems to be about 2400baud!)

Thanks in advance,

Chris
In France again till the end of September 2005