Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 02:53:50 +0100
From: "Jon DuQueno" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [LIB] Libretto 70CT - mp3 player

Hi,

I've got 32MB RAM and I'm trying to play 192kbps mp3's.

Windows media player 6 maxes out the CPU with 4.8MB unused physical memory
and sounds very choppy. Win 5.x wouldn't play mp3's. I tried Windows media
player 9 but it was hopeless. Winamp 2.8 just about plays ok with 75% CPU
and maxed out physical memory. VLC media player is just as bad as Windows
media player 6.

I have tried killing everything in task manager but doesn't make any
difference, not much running anyway since it's a new install. I checked
Toshiba power save and processor is set to full speed. Idle CPU 10% and
unused physical Memory 2.4Mb (using system monitor). Is this normal
performance for a 70CT? is there anything I can do to improve mp3 playback?
Could any bios settings be having an affect on performance.

Tried playing an mpeg video (16MB / 3 min) in windows media player 6 and
computer locked up... Maybe I have just reached the performance limit of
this machine. Don't want to try overclocking just yet, soldering in a
machine I only just got is a little scary.

Will Office 2000 run ok?

Jon D