Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 15:44:26 -0600 (CST)
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: 110CT Large Drives with EZ BIOS...

Hello Everyone...

In search of Large Hard Drive installation information I have read the entire
archives of the this site for all years.  Amazing amount of information.  This
is the best site I have seen for information on Libretto.  I appreciate the
thoroughness of so many people here.

The Story with some specs...
I have had a 20gig Toshiba drive (MK2016GAP) in my 110CT for a few years now.
It has 64meg/ram running Windows 98SE.  Originally to install the drive I used
EZ Drive and a desktop PC to duplicate the original drive (a 4gig) with only
one partition.  I quickly found data corruption.  After three times of having
to re-duplicate my original 4gig drive back to the 20gig I realized it was
after hibernation that this occurred.

SO, three questions...

One...
When hibernation corruption occurs, does it or should it not, also destroy
formatting?  I ask because my computer has hibernated by accident 4 times now
and I can run Scandisk in Windows (98SE) OR Scandisk in DOS and neither finds
ANY problems with the drive.  This is not consistent with what I have read, or
maybe I am missing something.  I was running NO drive overlay at all when this
occurred.

Two...
In an attempt to be able to use hibernation, EZ BIOS has been
installed/enabled.  Scandisk has been run in DOS and in Windows and everything
seems fine.  Also, I filled the drive with data to make sure writes could
occur to the end of the disk, they can.  Is there a way I can verify it is
safe to allow hibernation?

This is what is shown in the EZ Drive (9.09) Utility Information now...

Drive Defaults  38760, 16, 63, 20005
Drive Currently  16383, 16, 63, 8455
EDPT Actual  38760, 16, 63, 20005
EDPT Apparent 2432, 255, 63, 20005
EZ-BIOS Int 13h 1025, 255, 63, 8431
ROM BIOS Int 13h  1018, 255, 63, 8373

Three...
I am only experimenting with the current 20 gig drive because I duplicated it
to a 100gig Toshiba (MK1032GAX) successfully with Western Digitals Data
Lifeguard Tools. (Version 11 for DOS I think).  EZ Drive9 did not display the
100gig drive properly in the 100CT or in the Desktop, so I didn't try to use
it for duplication.  One thing I didn't see in Data Lifeguard Tools was how to
enable "EZ BIOS" or whatever it calls its drive overlay now, manually for the
100gig drive.  Is there a way to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Because of a complex configuration in
Windows, re-installing the OS is not a reasonable undertaking.  That is why I
rely on drive duplication.  I am unable to trim my current configuration down
to under 8 gig to allow for the Dual Partition with space between them in the
8gig area.  Besides that, I prefer one large drive due to the nature of the
large databases I work with.

Thank you,
John Martin
Attached files are not permitted on this list, attachment has been removed.