Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 00:09:57 +0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Lib 50 PC floppy card on Dell C610?

From: "Lou S" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Thanks Matt & Raymond. Getting closer to solving (maybe) the problem. Placed the Toshiba driver into Win95 /System and rebooted. No luck. Looked at the W2K OS and see it lists the PCMCIA cardbus controller as a Texas Inst PCI-1420. I placed the W2K driver into Win95 but it seems it won't work in 95. I'm now assuming that this is the problem since pluging in or removing the card has no affect when I'm using Win95, it doesn't recognize the slot being used with the drivers available. Unless I can get it to recognize the Texas cardbus I may be out of luck in Win95. Any other suggestions or observations?

All that comes to mind at the moment is to look to see if there's a driver in W95's Device Manager with an error icon (usually under Other Devices with a yellow warning icon) for a floppy device that failed to load. Delete that or any other such driver with an error if present, then try rebooting the system, and then inserting the floppy's PC card to see if it asks for a driver.

Then... I'm not sure. Maybe W95 didn't support PlugnPlay for the floppy PC card. It's been so long I can't remember. Have you tried loading that Libby floppy driver manually?

At this point I'm not sure what else to check for, but I'll post if I think of anything.

Matt

Libretto list info: