Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 13:30:59 -0400
From: "Lou S" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [LIB] Re: Memory Upgrade

Hello Ron,

The last time I ordered memory chips and I felt I couldn't take a chance on cheaper priced chips (in case there really is a dramatic difference between cheap and expensive, quality wise) I went with Crucial @ crucial.com However, I see they do not carry memory for the 50CT.

I paid $53 plus tax/shipping for 16 RAM from Coast Memory in 2001, they still list 16MB for $53. http://www.coastmemory.com/result.asp?modelID=4641 should bring you to the memory chip for the Libretto 50CT.

A lot of eBay sellers buy these same chips, perhaps in bulk, and resell them for more than you'd pay if you bought them direct from the supplier. Buyer beware! The new memory chip is still working perfectly on the 50CT I own. No problems w/the sale or delivery from Coast Memory and I've ordered from them several times for PC and printer memory. Just check around for better prices but I doubt if you'll find anything that much lower.

Attention Libretto owners. An excellent source for info on the Libretto can be found at http://www.silverace.com/libretto/ whether you're interested in upgrading the HD or looking for specs on a 50CT this WEB site is among the best!

Rgds,
Lou