On Sun, 26 Aug 2018, Daniel Jeliński wrote:

I propose a change implemented in https://github.com/libssh2/libssh2/pull/264, where sftp write acknowledges data as soon as it is sent to the server, and checks server response when it becomes available, which may happen during sftp close.

So will it not care for any ACKs? If you send a 10GB file and the first packet is never acked? Maybe a limit for amount of outstanding un-acked data?

I realize that this is a breaking change - many code examples do not even check the result of sftp close, which means that a lot of code in the wild would probably break if the patch was accepted in its current form.

Can we make users opt-in to this and if not, do like before?

--

 / daniel.haxx.se