Hi there,

I doing some development on a sequent (i386-sequent-sysv4) platform, but
have run into the following problem:

Everything works _wonderfully_, except that routines in .init and .fini
sections are not being called.  I tracked it down to the fact that "ld" is
being used to link shared libraries together instead of "cc".  It turns
out that the difference is that "cc" automatically throws in two .o
files that enable this process, and they must be explicitly listed for
"ld".

I thought I would just quickly hack in the fix and send you guys a patch,
but it turns out that libtool is *much* more complex than I originally
could have imagined.  For someone experienced with the insides of the
tool, this would be a 5 minute fix (I imagine)...

What should I do?

Thanks again for the excellent program... you have saved countless people
from shared library ickiness!

-Chris