Some issues related to use of CVS libtool with AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS:

  1. libtoolize doesn't appear to recurse into AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS. Should
     it? Or is this autoreconf's job?
  2. I cannot get CVS autoreconf to work at all with CVS libtool.
     Perhaps this is a Known Issue; but I haven't seen it mentioned.
  3. If I execute libtoolize in the subpackage root directory, it seems
     to "know" that AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR should be "..". I don't explicitly
     use the AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR macro anywhere, so I'm guessing
     libtoolize does some sniffing. Perhaps it should do something
     similar for AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR? (That is, use the main package's
     AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR if none is set in the subpackage's
     configure.ac.)

Braden