Hi,

I'm currently investigating how http://bugs.debian.org/451582 could be
solved in a clean fashion. As far as I understand upstream, the library
libchipcard shouldn't need to be linked against libgnutls. But
apparently it got linked against libgnutls because of the content of the
.la files.

libgwenhywfar.la contains:
# Libraries that this one depends upon.
dependency_libs=' /usr/lib/libgnutls.la -L/usr/lib /usr/lib/libtasn1.la
-lz /usr/lib/libgcrypt.la /usr/lib/libgpg-error.la -lnsl -ldl'

libgnutls.la contains:
# Libraries that this one depends upon.
dependency_libs=' -L/usr/lib /usr/lib/libtasn1.la /usr/lib/libgcrypt.la
-lz /usr/lib/libgcrypt.la /usr/lib/libgpg-error.la -lnsl'

If libchipcard shouldn't need to be linked against libgnutls -- as
upstream said -- I think libgwenhywfar.la shouldn't contain a reference
to libgnutls.la. But what needs to be done (in libgwenhywfar) to achieve
that?

Regards
  Micha