Hello,

Glad seeing this being addressed :-)

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 12:41 AM, Brooks Moses <bmo...@google.com> wrote:

> Hello, Marco,
>
> Thanks for pinging this -- I'm trying to work through some of the libtool
> patch backlog, and I'll have a look at this in the next few days.
>
> I note that David Turner also posted a patch for Android support in
> libtool more recently:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/**html/libtool-patches/2013-06/**
> msg00002.html<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool-patches/2013-06/msg00002.html>
>
> The patches are fairly similar, although I think the organization of
> David's patch (which keeps the "Android" and "glibc/ELF" blocks entirely
> separate) is a bit better since Android is not glibc-based.
>
> The one key difference here is that your patch uses $libname$shared_ext
> for library_names_spec and soname_spec, whereas David's uses
> $libname$release$shared_ext.  Is there a particular argument in favor of
> one or the other of these?
>
> For the record, I've kept the $release to keep the structure similar to
the glibc one. I admit I don't really know what that corresponds to, but I
could successfully build working shared libraries for a few projects with
my patch. Good enough for me.
Also, in case you're interested, I've an updated patch that also prevents
adding a DT_RUNPATH in the .dynamic section (the Android system linker
doesn't support it). This is purely cosmetic though, the initial patch is
ok too. Just let me know if you want the update.

- David