Follow-up Comment #2, sr #111069 (group libtool):

[comment #1 comment #1:]
> Note that the `-no_fixup_chains` flag is supported only on Xcode 13 or newer
(which in turn requires macOS 11.3 or newer).

> See this relevant method used in Homebrew: ...

Thank you for this information.  I have trouble finding definitive
documentation for Apple development tools.

My original patch assumes that `-no_fixup_chains` would be silently ignored by
intermediate linker versions older than Xcode 13.  I have not yet tested this
assumption on any such Macs.

If that is a good assumption, then existing guards in the current 2.4.7
libtool code block should be sufficient, and I recommend merge with no
changes.

If not a good assumption, or it goes against GNU libtool design standards in
any way, such as no unknown flags, then I request help on how to construct the
correct test within libtool, for the Xcode linker version.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?111069>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/