Pete Batard wrote:
> I find this as both very rude and damaging, as, seeing that you are not
> endorsed as a moderator here, yet pretend to be entitled to act like
> one, it does end up sending mixed messages.

I tried to make clear that I have no entitlement in libusbx beyond
freedom of speech.

I'm sorry that you feel that I try to undermine the libusbx project.
I can't change how you feel, I can just state that I certainly do not
participate on the libusbx list in order to undermine the project.

My focus is on libusb, which is why I wrote that I commented in the
context of the libusb project. I included the libusbx list because
code is nearly identical in the two projects.

Everyone already knows that I have nothing to do with the libusbx
integration process. I guess that everyone also knows that you
consider my comments to be polluting the libusbx community.

I think both projects benefit from common technical discussion.

> Someone comes up with something that you just don't like, and now
> they have to stand trial?

You're misrepresenting what I wrote, but I think I understand what
you mean.

During review I found something that I think can be improved, so I
asked for discussion. If there is no discussion that's fine.

> How about welcoming code in any state

You know that I don't think committing code in any state to libusb.git
is a good way to do libusb development, but I *do* welcome any and all
work on improvements.

> trying to integrate it early

Yes, that's why I reviewed and commented.

> justify something that is unrelated to code (breakdown of files)

Refactoring and reuse is not about files, but about the code inside.

I saw potential for reuse during review, and documentation confirms
that some code comes from the existing windows code, so I asked for a
bit of discussion of considerations leading to the code duplication.

> So please kindly take your "sell us your choice" bullshit elsewhere,

Everyone already knows that my opinion is not relevant for libusbx.

Common discussion with both libusb and libusbx is still useful.

//Peter