On 2012.07.12 22:00, Hans de Goede wrote:
> I believe that all arms / disarm should be done under the
> flying transfer lock.

Same here. And my concern is that the disarm we do in
handle_timerfd_trigger() isn't.

> Rather then reasoning ourselves a headache about how
> it is absolutely safe in all combinations of threads we can come up with to
> have an arm /  disarm call outside a section holding that lock, lets just
> go KISS and always make sure we have the lock and to the necessary checks
> on the flying-transfers list before doing the arm/disarm.

I'm starting to come up to that view as well, especially as we have
other items starting to accumulate. The last thing I want is have the
timerfd fixes delay other endeavours.

I have been spending some time looking into adding the arming of the
first timerfd in add_to_flying_list(), but there's a bit more than just
moving a section of code around so this will require proper review (i.e.
not something I'd be comfortable pushing if you haven't had a chance to
look at it).

What will happen then is I'll submit a proposal to this list with all
the enhancements we talked about sometime next week, and then we can
decide what we do once you're back.

I also don't have an issue applying Peter's patches right now, and
revert/improve them once we agree on the final patch we want.

Regards,

/Pete