All,

If you have been pulling from the current SourceForge git repo, you will
notice that we have just pushed a commit inviting you to update your git
URL, and use git://github.com/libusbx/libusbx.git.

Alternatively, you can also have a look at
https://github.com/libusbx/libusbx for other options to access the repo.

The reason for that is that we are moving our git, wiki and issues
tracker operations to github, due to SourceForge dropping support for
hosted app (MediaWiki, Trac) later on this year.

While we could have kept our git repository on SourceForge, we felt it
made more sense to also have it on github, as we find that it provides
both a better UI and better integration, especially with the issues
tracker. From recent experience the github team also seems to be more
responsive to addressing issues.

Also note that because we took this opportunity to upgrade the
SourceForge project [1], even if we had decided to keep the git
repository there, you would still have had to change the git URL, as the
base for git on the upgraded project is git.code.sf.net/p/libusbx/code.

We hope that upgrading your URL or re-cloning a libusbx repo will not be
too much of an inconvenience.

Regards,

/Pete

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/libusbx/code/