[liamstask][1] commented on [issue 37][2] on [libusbx/libusbx][3] July 24,
2012

> Thanks for the response. Just to be clear, the hotplug events themselves are
not a concern here, as I manage the plug/unplug notifications elsewhere in my
app with no trouble. The scenario that I'm having trouble with is libusb's
handling of the transfers for a device that has been disconnected.

> The fact that this handling is already in place, but appears to be
incomplete, made me think that it would be a good candidate for a fix, but I
of course understand if this deemed to be part of the upcoming hotplug work.

> From an admittedly quick look through the code, it appears that it might not
require any structural changes to support this - there are a couple existing
spots in which additional return values/error codes would need to be taken
into account, along with the appropriate state management. Not being too
familiar with the code, I'm not sure what the scope of this is, but my current
application sure would love for this to work :)

   [1]: https://github.com/liamstask

   [2]: https://github.com/libusbx/libusbx/issues/37#issuecomment-7203123
(v0.1.11, winusb backend: aborts do not succeed for open transfers on a device
that gets disconnected)

   [3]: https://github.com/libusbx/libusbx