I also noticed that the 64-bit sessionID gets stored in the unsigned long
session_data parameter of the libusb_device struct. First I thought this would
be a problem because the 64-bit value could get truncated, but as recent Macs
are all 64-bit and LP64 is in place there, unsigned long is also 64-bit, so no
critical issue here.

---
https://github.com/libusbx/libusbx/pull/153#issuecomment-26271980