Thanks for working on this. However in my experience the whole
libusb_get_max_iso_packet_size API is rather useless as it takes the endpoint
descriptor from the first altsetting of an interface rather then the current
alt setting.

We could fix things to make it use the current altsetting, but what if people
want to check packsizes for all altsettings, do they then need todo a
set_interface to each alt setting ? That makes no sense. Currently my
usbredirection code for qemu using libusb avoids this by having its own code to
get the max packet size for endpoints.

So what we really need is a new function which allows the user to specify the
altsetting he wants to get the max-packet-size for, and one that works for usb
1-3 on all different types of endpoints (preferably even the control endpoint
which will need special handling).

We've a ticket open for getting this fixed somewhere. So I was wondering if you
would be willing to write such a function (and mark the other 2 get_max_packet
size variants as deprecated).

---
https://github.com/libusbx/libusbx/pull/163#issuecomment-30207164