Jason Kotzin wrote:
> In windows, 8.1, I’m sending a vendor specific control request that looks
> like the following:
>
> Broken down, this is what an example looks like where variable1 and variable2
> can be 0-255
>
> rq = fl_send_msg(0x42, 0x3, variable1, variable2, buf[1], 1, 500)

Since we don't know what "fl_send_msg" is, it's a little hard to make an
assessment.   Are those parameters RequestType, Request, Index, and
Value?  Are you trying to send a buffer there?

> The result is that the transfer fails with error code 87, “the parameter is
> incorrect”.

You are sending an outgoing vendor request to an endpoint.  If the
second parameter is Request, then you are sending to endpoint 3.  To do
that, Windows requires that you actually "own" the interface that
contains endpoint 3.  Have you already done that?  It looks like you
claimed interface 1.  Does that hold endpoint 3?

--
Tim Roberts, t...@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.