Joaquim Duran wrote:

> I'm new to this e-mail list. In the current project, I would like use
> a 3rd party library to monitor the IO events on file descriptors,
> including libusb library (I would like to use the reactor patter).
>
> To do the integration, I've the following questions:
>
> 1 - It is possible to get de file descriptor of a device handle
> without calling to libusb_get_pollfds? I would like to get the FD for
> a device handle and avoid to allocate dynamic memory.

No.  The whole FD list is an internal implementation detail.  As the
documentation tells you, there is not necessarily a single FD per
device.  You might get a set of FDs, and you need to poll for them all.

> 2 - After calling polling/select system calls, it is possible to call
> synchronous transfer functions to read or send data to the USB device?

Not exactly.  Remember that USB traffic never happens unless there is a
pending request.  A USB device cannot send data on its own, and it
cannot signal that it is ready to receive.  Everything starts with the
host application/driver.  What the poll lets you do is learn when a
previously-submitted asynchronous request has completed.

--
Tim Roberts, t...@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.