On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Tim Roberts <t...@probo.com> wrote:

> Did you check the API documentation?  The last parameter to usb_control_msg
> is the timeout in milliseconds.

TNX for the hint.  I've tried to increase the timeout, It did not help.

> To a certain extent, however, I am just blowing smoke.  Control messages
> usually complete very quickly.  Your symptoms seem to indicate some more
> fundamental problem, and I don't know what to suggest.

Since I am not a programmer,  I really do not know how to proceed from
here. In any case, thanks for the help.

> One of the advantages of libusb is that it crosses platforms.  Why don't you
> run your code on Windows?

Yes I could,,, but I wrote already few other utilities on LINUX
(mostly GPIB related). I would like to continue on Linux. On top of
that, licensing is free, no virues,  upgrading linux require just a
recompile of my utilities, stability, reliability, abundance of
programming/scripting tools   so, the users can use my utilities
within any programming environment they are comfortable with. Like
octave, shells,c, C++, Ruby, Perl, Pascal adn as a command line.
Working remotely is a plus...  etc ..    Stuff I wrote in 2002/03 in
my former company is still in use today, 12 years later. It was
written for RedHat 8 2012 and just recompiled on CentOS 6.

--
"You can't run an economy where the financial sector is making 40
percent of the profits."

        former Fed Chairman Paul Volcker 2009