Hi,

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 9:14 PM, Pradeepa Senanayake <
pradeepa.for...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are trying to install the latest libusbx package (1.0.18) to our
> system. But we found out that there is a dependency for libudev. Since that
> lib is not available in our current BSP we cannot install libusbx at the
> moment.
>
> But we can install libusb 1.0.15 (which too has an issue which I will post
> separately). Is there anyway we can disable the libudev dependency using
> configure options and build the libusbx-1.0.18 package? Is the change from
> 1.0.15 to 1.0.18 substantial?

libusb versions 1.0.16 and later require at least netlink support on Linux.
You can pass configure the '--disable-udev' flag to select netlink instead.

There have been many changes from v1.0.15 to v1.0.18. The latest (libusb)
is now v1.0.20-rc2. I encourage you to try that.

For future issues, please use the libusb-devel mailing list instead of
libusbx-devel. libusbx is now obsolete.

Regards,
Chris