Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> What's new with libusbx?

I asked myself the very same thing when I read the announcement.

It turned out to be not very much. libusbx.git master had 45 commits
branched off libusb.git master, out of which about 30 weren't already
in or from libusb.git, and maybe 10 of those 30 related to the xusb
example.

Yesterday I went through the libusb email that had piled up, and made
sure that libusb.git was up to date. I guess that this is what
prompted the announcement.

Today I spent some time picking and tidying commits from libusbx.git
into libusb.git. I've marked commits in libusb.git with the commit
from libusbx.git to make cross-referencing easier.

> What API's are you changing?

As was mentioned libusbx.git added the libusb_get_version() API,
which was already shot down once by Daniel, and I also don't like it,
but I've added it to libusb.git anyway. Maybe it will be useful for
someone. In any case I added the missing fields in the version struct
for the rc suffix and the git describe --tags string.

Xiaofan Chen wrote:
> I will still be active in libusb-devel.

That's great!

> I am glad that Peter Stuge has joined the libusbx
> mailing list and start to send out technical discussions to
> both lists. So he can actually integrate libusbx
> patch back to libusb.git if he chooses to. Same for libusbx,
> libusbx will still integrate libusb.git patches.

I think that libusbx.git may be a perfect place for continued Windows
backend development. It could even be considered a topic branch of
libusb.git. I will of course pick commits into libusb.git which look
good, and I assume that it will happen the other way around as well.

> You do not need to take sides right now,

I don't really think there are conflicting sides. It's all one
codebase.

Lei Chen wrote:
> There's no maintenance on libusb 1.0?

Yes, there is. The 250 or so commits on libusb.git master since the
previous release speak for themselves.

//Peter