On 21/09/16 14:41, Tim Caswell wrote:
What would a champion for serial port need to do?  I care a lot about
this, but don't have the technical expertise to implement it myself.

The champion is expected to lead the implementation of such a feature. Come up with the API design and then implement it.

If you want to help out, designing the API is something you could do, hoping someone will later do / finish the implementation. The API should cover all functions that are expected from such a handle.

Identifying where the core needs some extension hooks would also be welcome, since I foresee we'll need to add something to core too.

Cheers,

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
http://bettercallsaghul.com