\> But, what do you mean about pre and post processing?
> Pre and post what operation? Pre video encoding and past video encoding?
>
> If we are talking about encoding, I can`t imagine any post processing,
> because result
> of encoding is bitstream.
>
> Could you explain it for me a bit more. Please.

The hardware has a Video Processing Pipeline, that can apply various
effects and transforms prior to encoding. Once of those mechanisms (as
Nikita pointed out) is a video scaler.

So, yes, you can scale the video prior to encoding. I've used it for
scaling down, although I don't think I've ever tried to scale up.

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com