Omer Khalid wrote:
Hi,

 >>If you already have the guest and just want to start it up, then call
 >> virDomainDefineXML followed by virDomainCreate in libvirt.

What is the XML file format? And for the virDomainCreate function, what would be the domain parameter in Python?

The XML format is documented here:

        http://libvirt.org/format.html

We can't use the Xen format directly because we have to be portable across different hypervisors.

virDomainDefineXML returns a virDomainPtr which you can pass in to virDomainCreate. (Or the equivalent Python functions).

Rich.