Hello!

I made review of domain XML format for driver in libvirt.
And I have several questions and additions.

For tag domain:
need to add "vmid" or "id" - currenly tag "name" is used for ID.
OpenVZ has mandatory parameter ID, but it also support optional
parameter "name", which is not implemented for openvz driver now. I plan
to support of "name" in future.

For tag domain/os:
need to add "ostemplate"
desirable "config"

Can you explain exactly what the semantics of the two desired attributes
are used for ?

"config" is name of sample config for container. It contains many parameters
http://wiki.openvz.org/UBC_parameters_table
It is desirable because of many customers like to use config.

If I'm understanding previous OpenVZ discussions correctly, the template
is basically a master tar.gz archive, which is unpacked to form the container's 'root filesystem' ? But where does 'config' fit into this.
Yes, you template is "ostemplate". It is pre created template of container.
Usually, template correspond to OS name
centos-4-i386
debian-3.1-ia64
gentoo-20060317-amd64
etc

For the filesystem stuff, for LXC we've got a section under <devices>
whcih looks like

   <filesystem type="mount">
     <source dir='/some/path'/>
     <target dir='/'/>
   </filessytem>

Which says 'make /some/path be the root filesystem, using a bind mount'.

I could imagine representing the idea of a template with a slight variation like

   <filesystem type="template">
      <source name="template name"/>
      <target dir='/'/>
   </filesystem>

Yes, we can. But template name is not property of file system.

For tag domain/devices/disk:
need to add "diskspace"
desirable "diskinodes" - it is optional because of "disknodes" are over
very rarely.

Does OpenVZ actually attach disks to containers ? I thought it was just filesystem level virtualization, not actual block devices in the guest ?
It is filesystem level virtualization.
Anyway, this seems like quota management to me, so
perhaps adding a
    <quota type="size" max="10000"/>

And

    <quota type="inodes" max="100"/>
Good idea. To add into "filesystem" tag.

For tag domain/devices/interface:
How to describe, if want to add ip addresses for routing network?

We'll probably want todo something based on <interface type='ethernet'
which is a generic catch all config.

Does OpenVZ support bridging, or NAT for containers ?
bridging is supported.
NAT can be configured via iptables.

Also, OpenVZ may move network adapter to VM (for example, eth1), adapter
 becomes inaccessible on harware node. How to describe it? Is it
ethernet type?

The latter case is basically hardware device assignment. This isn't
something we currently have a way to represent in libvirt, but we
certainly need something. I don't think it belongs in the <interface>
tag though - for device passthrough we want something more generic,
allowing specification of devices based on subsystem, or class.

eg Based on subsystem naming, to pass through PCI network card
with PCI device number 00:1d.2

    <host subsystem='pci' dev='00:1d.2'/>

Or based on class specific naming

   <host class='network' dev='eth1'/>
This case is more match for OpenVZ network assignment.

Daniel