Daniel P. Berrange schreef:
On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 11:19:25AM +0200, Stefan de Konink wrote:
Daniel P. Berrange schreef:
On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 11:02:33AM +0200, Stefan de Konink wrote:
On Mon, 4 Aug 2008, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

- - For iSCSI and related stuff everything was relatively easy, because
 this would just mean to write the right /dev/blabla to the xenstore.
 What is your idea to get different drivers working via:
 virt://pool/volume (so basically blktap vs file vs disk)
My idea was to have a script in /etc/xen/scripts/
Me too, but in order to 'fetch' the actual configuration it is required to
contact libvirt. And query about the pool/volume location. In this way it
would be actually a 'redirection' to blktap or adding a devicepath.

So this script is now written in plain C, but I want to know how you
imagine the driver selection based on connection uri.
You can simply use  xen:/// as the URI. There is no need for configurable
URIs since thisis a xen specific script.
You don't get the issue. In order to run a specific script for example a block device, it should have an unique prefix. That will make the executable that is called so virt:// will call /etc/xen/scripts/block-virt as script.

As you might notice here, the common file://, tap:aio:// or psy:// is not present, so if a pool is file based or device based it should some how inform this 'script' how to redirect the parameters to the appropriate script.

This is what the <driver> tag in the XML can be used for. It can include
a driver name (file, phys, tap) and subtype (raw, aio, qcow, etc). You
just need to decide how to encode this info when passing it to Xend.

Yes... and this was exactly my question ;)

So if we have a pool and want to send it to xen it would look something like: virt://driver/pool/volume, now the 'tiny' problem is that I don't want to reimplement every possible driver. So I'll do some research in order to pass a connection url exported by libvirt to the 'default' scripts, while maintaining the virt:// in xen.

Stefan