DB> The deletion of veth's is the last thing the controller process
DB> does.  So assuming it doesn't crash they should be cleaned up.

Well, a destroy operation kills the container and leaves the veth
devices 100% of the time for me.

While attempting to test that, I noticed that if I have a container with
just bash in it, and that process exits, it stays in zombie state with
the container running until I destroy it.  The interfaces aren't cleaned
up in that scenario either.

I'll play around with it and see what I can figure out.

DB> It is probably worth making the libvirtd LXC driver do cleanup of
DB> veths too, as a safety net.

Agreed.

--
Dan Smith