On 26.02.2015 15:17, Michal Privoznik wrote:
> <snip/>

BTW: I've done some testing locally and it helped me to find a bug in my
patches (I've just proposed the diff to be squashed in). Basically, my
test program defines 10 dummy networks, and spawns a thread over each
one of them. The thread does 1000 iterations of some network API calls,
e.g. define, undefine, start, destroy, IsActive, IsPersistent, and so
on. And the results are astonishing:

Without my patches:

$ time ./test_network_lock qemu+tcp://localhost/system
Connected. Starting workers ...
Waiting for workers to end ...

real    0m54.083s
user    0m1.317s
sys     0m1.302s

With my patches:

$ time ./test_network_lock qemu+tcp://localhost/system
Connected. Starting workers ...
Waiting for workers to end ...

real    0m42.355s
user    0m1.231s
sys     0m1.324s

So nearly 12 seconds speed up! The test program can be found at [1].

Michal

1: http://fpaste.org/191340/