On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 10:14:27AM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
I'm not sure what you are suggesting by "features" here, but I'd prefer
if we didn't introduce a chunk of XML which would contain an ever growing
set of hacks. It seems sufficient for us to just record the libvirt
version number which generated the XML document, so newer libvirt can
detect a previous buggy version and correct what's needed, so the
hacks are confined to the code and not spread across code + xml.

Seems reasonable.  Moreover, the fixes can be handled in a way that
back-porting doesn't cause problems as Laine was worried.  I.e. the XML
would be fixed twice.

Regards,
Daniel