On 02/09/2016 04:19 PM, Cole Robinson wrote:
On 02/09/2016 04:17 PM, Laine Stump wrote:
On 02/09/2016 10:59 AM, Cole Robinson wrote:
We use the PreFormat callback for this. Many test cases need to be extended
to pass in proper qemuCaps flags so AssignAddresses doesn't throw errors.

One test case (pcie-root-port-too-many) is dropped, since it was meant
only for checking an error condition in qemuxml2argv, and one we add in
AssignAddresses it errors here too.
I forgot to comment about this by the time I got to the end of reviewing -
does this mean the error is no longer checked? My recollection is that test
was meant to check the path where someone defines more pcie-root-port
controllers than will fit on pcie-root (which is the only place you can attach
a pcie-root-port). It obviously works now, but if the code was broken and
someone tried to add in too many pcie-root-ports (because they wanted all
their devices off of pcie-root rather than adding some other kind of
bridge/switch) they would get a rude surprise (I know that's all highly
unlikely to happen, but...

The error is still checked:

$ git grep pcie-root-port-too-many
tests/qemuxml2argvtest.c:    DO_TEST_ERROR("pcie-root-port-too-many",

There's just no point to check it in qemuxml2xml as well, since it's
effectively a duplicate test.

Ah, I just misunderstood your comment, but didn't look to verify my mistaken understanding. You're right - it does only need to be in one or the other of the tests.