On 01/11/2017 03:56 AM, Andrew Jones wrote:
On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 03:51:21PM -0500, Laine Stump wrote:
On 12/19/2016 10:23 AM, Laine Stump wrote:
Set the VIR_PCI_CONNECT_AGGREGATE_SLOT flag for pcie-root-ports so
that they will be assigned to all the functions on a slot.

Some qemu test case outputs had to be adjusted due to the
pcie-root-ports now being put on multiple functions.
---
ARGH!

In my final rebase before pushing, I pulled in Andrea's patches that switch
aarch64/virt to using PCI by default, and the test case for that resulted in
a make check failure:

564) QEMU XML-2-ARGV aarch64-virtio-pci-default ... libvirt: QEMU Driver
error : unsupported configuration: 'multifunction=on' is not supported with
this QEMU binary FAILED

Is it really true that the aarch64 qemu doesn't support multifunction
devices? If so, that really needs to be fixed. In the meantime, this means I
aarch64 qemu does support multifunction. It's been a while since I
experimented with it, but it worked when I did. Maybe just a make
check fix is needed?

Derp. Of course - it's just a missing capability flag in Andrea's new test case (which wasn't needed until I started doing stuff that required multifunction)m *not* a missing capability in the aarch64 qemu binary. Once I fix that it's of course passing the test.

Thanks for jarring my brain into proper thought!