On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 03:40:04PM +0100, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
On Wed, 2017-03-15 at 14:10 +0100, Martin Kletzander wrote:
I'll take the opportunity to repeat here what I said in another
news-related thread.

The good thing about the new news file layout is that we can express
freely what is the feature that was added and we don't have to
copy-paste the restricted commit messages.  So I, personally, like to
have nicely formatted sentences in the summary (well, I like that even
in the commit messages sometimes, but that's another story).  I would go
with:

  "When connecting to qemu monitor, the timeout is now adaptive"

or even:

  "Better (or dynamic determination) strategy is now used for qemu monitor
connection timeout"

for the summary.  Or something along the lines.  What I say is (as
before) pretty subjective, so I'll leave the final decision up to you,
just wanted to put it out there (yet again).  I'm trying to imagine the
user going through these and immediately having an idea of the list of
things being done.  Commit names are more for developers.

I think having a prefix, such a "qemu:" in this case, helps
you scanning the release notes and very quickly realize
whether or not any of the changes are relevant to you.

OK, fair enough, in this case (some other changes have non-related
prefix every now and then).

I also believe that, while we don't necessarily have to
artificially limit ourselves, having a fairly short summary
is usually good for the same reasons explained above.

So basically I like Michal's original summary more than I
like yours ;)

I would s/Adaptive/Use adaptive/ though.

Sure, that makes it a sentence as well ;)  So it fits my requirement as
well =)