On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 10:59:45AM +0100, Christian Ehrhardt wrote:
On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 10:54 AM, Christian Ehrhardt <
christian.ehrha...@canonical.com> wrote:

In those cases do not report an
internal error like:
  "internal error: End of file from qemu monitor"

There is some extra background on the issue that shall be fixed at [1].
According to my experiments this seems to happen in general (various
distros, upstream), but since my gut feeling isn't sure if I might have
followed a red-herring I explicitly marked the patch as RFC for now.

Note: I also have seen similar EOF messages of virtlogd on guest start that
I have not looked at yet

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libvirt/+bug/1582990

Either I forgot to reply or the reply got lost (it wouldn't be the first
time).  I found the patch usable as-is, not only as an RFC.  Even though
I have yet to encounter such error message, I think the handling you
suggested makes perfect sense.  ACK && Pushed now.

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server