Howdy. I've had this issue since yesterday, but avoided reporting it until determining today that it occurs on an unmodified upstream tree as well as my own local branch:

$ virsh restore ramsave
error: Failed to restore domain from ramsave
error: Unable to read QEMU help output: Interrupted system call

This happens immediately (no delay) and only on restore; "virsh start" behaves as usual.

When running libvirtd under gdb, the failure mode is different:

$ virsh restore ramsave
error: Failed to restore domain from ramsave
error: internal error Timed out while reading monitor startup output

When running libvirtd under strace, this shows the binary being run (["/usr/bin/qemu-kvm", "-help"]) failing with a SIGPIPE while attempting to write to stdout. strace also shows a SIGSEGV being delivered to a libvirtd thread (a few clone()s removed from the parent) after that thread attempts to close all its open file descriptors above 0-2, but without being able to run gdb I'm at a bit of a loss as to what that thread is doing.

Any suggestions?