Rishikesh wrote:
Hi daniel,

Sorry for late response, was busy with some other high priority task.

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 08:12:02PM +0530, Dhaval Giani wrote:
The most likely suspect is that the cgroups controllers were mounted or
unmounted after libvirtd started. A restart of libvirtd ought to resolve
the problem if this is indeed the case

Ok, Here i tried one more scenario, i think this is what you meant:

1> Stop libvirtd
2> Run cgroup " /etc/init.d/cgconfig start"
3> Start libvirtd
4> And then try to create a container.

Though above steps are also failing. But now i am getting some different failure. I am not seeing the earlier warning messages. You can see below on shell 1.

My previous post was following this steps:
1> Run cgroup once again
2> service libvirtd restart
3> Create a container

Here are the different error which i am getting:
Shell:1

[r...@mhs21a ~]# libvirtd
libvir: Linux Container error : failed to connect to client socket: No such file or directory 11:17:36.743: error : lxcVmStart:1007 : Failed to read pid file /var/run/libvirt/lxc/vm1.pid: No such file or directory libvir: Linux Container error : Failed to read pid file /var/run/libvirt/lxc/vm1.pid: No such file or directory

Shell 2:

[r...@mhs21a ~]# vim /etc/cgconfig.conf
[r...@mhs21a ~]# /etc/init.d/cgconfig start
Starting cgconfig service:                                 [  OK  ]
[r...@mhs21a ~]# virsh -c lxc:///
Welcome to virsh, the virtualization interactive terminal.

Type:  'help' for help with commands
       'quit' to quit

virsh # list --all
 Id Name                 State
----------------------------------
  - vm1                  shut off

virsh # start vm1
error: Failed to start domain vm1
error: Failed to read pid file /var/run/libvirt/lxc/vm1.pid: No such file or directory

virsh # list --all
 Id Name                 State
----------------------------------
  - vm1                  shut off

virsh #

So now we need to deal with two issue:
- One we need to decide , ( is it neccessary to stop libvirt before creating cgroup ?)
    - How container can be started using cgroup ?

-Rishi

Cgroup config file & controllers mount shows like this :
[r...@mhs21a ~]# cat /proc/mounts | grep cgroup
cgroup /cgroups/cpu cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
cgroup /cgroups/cpuacct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
cgroup /cgroups/memory cgroup rw,relatime,memory 0 0
[r...@mhs21a ~]# cat /etc/cgconfig.
cat: /etc/cgconfig.: No such file or directory
[r...@mhs21a ~]# cat /etc/cgconfig.conf
#
#  Copyright IBM Corporation. 2007
#
group test1/fruits/mango {
   perm {
       task {
           uid = test;
           gid = test;
       }
       admin {
           uid = root;
           gid = root;
       }
   }
       cpu {
           cpu.shares = 1024;
       }
   }
mount {
   cpu = /cgroups/cpu;
   cpuacct = /cgroups/cpuacct;
   memory  = /cgroups/memory;
}
[r...@mhs21a ~]#

Actually not , restarting libvirt daemon did not help me.

I had controllers mounted as per /proc/mount . And i am really seeing an issue after starting cgconfig services on my system.

Shell :1
virsh # start vm1
Domain vm1 started

virsh # list --all
 Id Name                 State
----------------------------------
  - vm1                  shut off

virsh #

Shell 2:
[r...@mls41 ~]# service libvirtd restart
Stopping libvirtd daemon:                                  [  OK  ]
Starting libvirtd daemon:                                  [  OK  ]
[r...@mls41 ~]# cat /proc/mounts | grep cgroup
cgroup /cgroup cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct,cpu 0 0
[r...@mls41 ~]#

Let me know if you need some more info.

-Rishi
Daniel;