On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 01:15:26PM +0200, Bjoern Walk wrote:
Martin Kletzander <mklet...@redhat.com> [2019-07-10, 03:55PM +0200]:
Our Makefile specifies what to do on installation:

 $(MKDIR_P) -m 0751 "$(DESTDIR)$(localstatedir)/lib/libvirt/qemu"

so I guess this is a packaging issue.  No idea where/how the arch packaging
works, sorry.

But the case that Stephan has where libvirtd does create the directories
on startup is broken. I've ran into this problem myself, but forgot
about it until now, when running libvirtd from the source tree with
prefix /usr/local.

It seems that when creating the directories in the driver
initialization, at least the QEMU driver does not set the umask
accordingly before, manginling the resulting permissions in the process.

If that is the case it should definitely be fixed in the code in order for it to
match the permissions in the makefile.

If nobody sends a patch for that in few days, remind me and I'll do that.

Bjoern

--
IBM Systems
Linux on Z & Virtualization Development