On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 02:53:21PM +0100, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 02:39:35PM +0000, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
>
> [...]
>

> > NB writing content is RST is independent of eliminating XSLT as the
> > templating system. Elimination oif XSLT depends what templating
> > system we use, either Sphinx or Pelican - I've not delved into it
> > to figure out which is better,
>
> FWIW, Sphinx seems to be the "preferred" choice for Linux[*], QEMU.
> (OpenStack upstream also uses it heavily.)

Yep, but there's a difference for libvirt's needs. IIUC those projects are
all building the docs into a manual. Libvirt is building its docs into a
website with a series of pages. I've not investigated in a lot of detail,
but my first impressions are that Pelican is better suited for building
websites, while Sphinx is better suited for building manuals. Both use
RST as their input though, so the decision of which to use mostly impacts
the way we later replace the XSLT with a new page template, so I've not
spent much time on it yet.

Regards,
Daniel