On a Wednesday in 2020, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
Ideally I would like to decomission the current wiki.libvirt.org
site. It is based on mediawiki running on openshift and has myself
as a single point of failure.

GitLab provides a wiki, but I don't think we need to use that
either, as I think that it is desirable to bring the content into
our main website.

By putting an "edit this page" link on each page of our website,
users can quickly see what source to change. There is still the
burden of submitting a merge request & having review feedback,
but I think we could mitigate this by having the reviewer
actually make the changes they want directly, avoiding the
tedious back & forth updates in easy cases. GitLab allows
this if the person opening the merge request selects the
option to allow maintainers to edit code.

In any case, to remove wiki.libvirt.org we need to do something
with its current content. The majority of content was first
created 5-10 years ago, only a handful of pages get frequent
edits right now:

https://wiki.libvirt.org/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges&limit=500&days=90

Looking at the pages I see some key groups, so I'll talk
about them separately...

Is this a list of the recently changed pages? Or all of them?

[...]

Various misc pages that I've not spent too much time looking at each
page, but as a rough approx I'd keep the following list, pulling it
into the main website

   BiteSizedTasks

   DebugLogs
   Debugging

I'll put these two into a kbase article.

   Libvirt-snmp
   Libvirtd and dnsmasq
   Live-disk-backup-with-active-blockcommit
   Live-merge-an-entire-disk-image-chain-including-current-active-disk
   Maintenance Releases
   NPIV in libvirt
   Net.bridge-nf-call and sysctl.conf
   Net.bridge.bridge-nf-call and sysctl.conf
   Networking
   Qemu guest agent
   SSHPolicyKitSetup
   VM lifecycle
   Vhost-scsi target

And probably delete the following (though some might want
preserving upon closer inspection)

   AprilFools'

This one does not belong to a git repo IMO. I'll just keep it to myself
:)

Jano