On 7/16/21 2:31 AM, Olaf Hering wrote:
Am Fri, 16 Jul 2021 00:58:43 -0700
schrieb Andrea Bolognani <abolo...@redhat.com>:

The sysconfig files shipped with libvirt contain the defaults, and
the admin is absolutely welcome to tweak them however they might like
after installation, just as is the case for all the configuration
files in /etc/libvirt.

Right. Once they are modified for whatever reason things will go downhill.

Just recently the default (for libvirtd) changed from --listen to --timeout.

To clarify: that was a not-so-recent downstream change. I have an *old* downstream patch for libvirtd.sysconf that adds some (likely no longer required) SUSE metadata. I don't really recall why or how '--listen' ended up in LIBVIRTD_ARGS in that patch. And even though I removed it from the patch nearly 2 years ago, it is still biting me in the ass today :-).

That said, I like the trend of moving stuff owned by packages out of /etc and might remove these files from the downstream SUSE package regardless of the outcome here.

Regards,
Jim