On 7/23/21 5:00 AM, Fangge Jin wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 10:54 PM Michal Prívozník <mpriv...@redhat.com
> <mailto:mpriv...@redhat.com>> wrote:
>

>     > The bug quoted shows a few examples where we fail to save status.
>     >
>     > I'm very surprised we don't save status when hotplugging a NIC or a
>     > disk, as the BZ suggests.
>
>     I'm not convinced that the steps there are 100% correct. We do call
>     virDomainObjSave() after live attach:
>

> https://gitlab.com/libvirt/libvirt/-/blob/master/src/qemu/qemu_driver.c#L7834
>
> <https://gitlab.com/libvirt/libvirt/-/blob/master/src/qemu/qemu_driver.c#L7834>
>
> The two steps for hot-unplug in the BZ actually failed.
> (sorry I didn't mention the result in the steps)
In that case, we have another problem - the domain is marked as
"tainted: use of host cdrom passthrough" even though the hotplug failed
and qemu has never saw host cdrom. And the same goes for "tainted:
network configuration using opaque shell scripts" - the taint happens
before any hotplug is even attempted (and thus possibly even when the
script did not even run).

Michal