On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 11:04:12 +0800, 13520781...@189.cn wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have meet one issues while using snapshot-create-as with external file.
>
> Centos 8,
> Libivirt 7.0.0
> Qemu: 5.2.0
>
> While making one snapshot with  memory and disk extaernal file,  and killing
> the process of the vm qemu same time mostly,  the snapshot-create-as command
> blocked.
> So it will failed to  start the vm again for "cannot acquire state change
> lock (held by monitor=remoteDispatchDomainSnapshotCreateXML)".

[...]

> The call work flow one is:
> qemuSnapshotCreateActiveExternal -> qemuSaveImageCreate ->
> qemuMigrationSrcToFile -> qemuMigrationSrcWaitForCompletion ->
> virDomainObjWait
>
> The others is similar :
>  qemuSnapshotCreateXML  -> ...
>

> It may be resume after the restart libvirtd.service.
>
> Is it correct that the stat change lock should be unlocked while the vm is
> terminal or shutdown and how to fix it?

The function handling the shutdown of the monitor is supposed to wake up
all waiting threads, which should prevent such a problem.

In this case the log attached is not enough to see what's really
happening, so please attach a full debug log and ideally report the
issue in our gitlab issue tracker:

https://gitlab.com/libvirt/libvirt/-/issues/new

Guidance on how to setup logging for debugging can be found at:

https://libvirt.org/kbase/debuglogs.html#less-verbose-logging-for-qemu-vms